Society’s views of virginity today make me so angry. You shouldn’t feel dirty for losing it and it shouldn’t rule your life. Keeping it is fine, and losing it is fine. All on your own terms. I hate when young girls who don’t fully understand yet are forced to pledge to remain a virgin to be “pure.” Your virginity does not define your worth. Sex is not a dirty thing and it should not be shamed the way it is today.
Bless this post
1. Make sure you own a nice bed.
2. Sleep in it frequently.
3. Remember how nice it feels to flip over your pillow to the cooler side.
4. Check your pulse and hum along to the rhythm because it is music.
5. Write clear and make a lot of spelling errors. Get the poison out and don’t worry about it being neat.
6. If you can, do not shut people out. You will have good days and they should see them.
7. If you feel overwhelmed, go outside and scream. Find a nice empty park in the middle of the night and scream as loud as you can until your throat is bleeding. The world wants to hear you.
8. Let yourself fall in love. Believe it or not, there are people out there who want your blacks and blues.
9. Keep waking up.
10. Keep waking up.
11. Keep waking up. Maybe with someone next to you."